We would like to invite you to submit original research articles to "Scientific Notes of Sumy State Pedagogical University. A Series of Geographical Sciences", which are to be published in the issue 9. The journal is registered in Ukraine (ISSN: 2413-8800 - print, 2524-2598 - online). Since 2018 we provide DOI for all articles.
Requirements for the content and structure of the articles:
- The article should be submitted to the editorial board in a computer file, with no limiting the number of pages (including tables and figures). Articles must be submitted by e-mail to email@example.com or by online manuscript submission system.
- Articles can be submitted in Ukrainian, English and Russian languages; they must be original, not published previously and respond to the topics of the chapters.
- The article should have a certain structure, including UDC, surname and initials of the author(s), article title, abstract (no less 100 words in the same language as the article), the main text, conclusions, references, summary in English (no less 250 words) or Ukrainian (Russian), if the article is written in English.
- Title should inform about the content of the paper in a condensed form. A full research paper should have following components: introduction, material and methods, results and discussion, conclusion, acknowledgements, references. Review paper may have any number of sections of any names. Only Conclusion is obligatory.
Requirements for the electronic version of the article:
- Main text. The paper should be typed in text editor MS Word with TimesNewRoman font (format Windows / Word - 6.0 and new versions), font size 14pt, paper size A4 (210x297), 1.5 spacing, without hyphenation; margins on all sides by 20 mm; file name should be in Latin letters and include first author's surname (e.g.: yuschenko.doc). The main text has to be prepared without using original styles, better to avoid implied footnotes; the article should be carefully proofread, do not contain hidden text and text marked with colours.
- Making figures/tables. Figures/tables given in article, without wrapping. Titles of tables and figures are also the signature in the text (Table 1, Fig. 1). The electronic version of the figures is obligatory. Illustrations should be included in the text and submitted in separate files at 300 dpi in actual size of the picture, аll images must be in JPG, JPEG, TIFF, GIF or BMP format. Better to avoid halftone figures - the printed version of the journal comes out in black and white. It is allowed to include figures in MS-Graph or Excel formats; using Excel file, all related information and all the sheets that have no relation to the chart should be removed.
- References are presented in digital form in square brackets according to the reference list (e.g. , , [3-10]). Hyperlinks are not allowed, avoiding automatic numbering and automatically generated end-links. Reference list written up at the end of the article according to standart APA:
Last Name, F. (Year Published). Book Title. Publisher City: Publisher Name.
Last Name, F. (Year Published). Article Title. Journal name, Volume number, Page Numbers.
Last Name, F. «Page Title». Website Title. Retrieved Date Accessed, Web Address.
References should be arranged first alphabetically and then further sorted chronologically if necessary. More than one reference from the same author(s) in the same year must be identified by the letters “a”, “b”, “c”, etc., placed after the year of publication. Authors are fully responsible for the accuracy of the references.
- The sample of the article you can download here
- The article should include the information about the author(s): surname, name and patronymic; scientific degree, academic status, place of work, address, phone number, e-mail.
- Postgraduate and master students need to add the recommendation of the research advisor.
Peer review process:
The submitted manuscripts will sent for peer review on the understanding that manuscripts are free from plagiarism, not submitted elsewhere, multiply submitted to other journals or accepted for publication in other journals.
On submission of manuscript, the editorial staff will acknowledge the submission and initially assessed by executive editor for an originality, plagiarism and scientific flaws. The Journal has zero tolerance for plagiarism; any submitted article found in the act of plagiarism will be rejected.
The publication fee is 1 EUR per page prepared according to SNSSPU template. If not, extra charges might be made for formating paper. Whether an author or author group is able to pay the publication fee does not affect editorial decision-making. Upon editorial acceptance of an article, the corresponding author (you) will be notified that payment is due. The payment can be made via bank wire Western Union, or another bank transfer systems. We advise prompt payment as we are unable to publish accepted articles until payment has been received.
Note: If you belong to Cuba, Iran, Syria, Lybia, Turkey, Nigeria, United Arab Emirates and Chile then you can ask for country representative account in your country for online transfer or direct deposit into bank account.
Deadline for articles submission, ready for printing and meeting the requirements, is 15 April 2019. The electronic version of the materials should be sent to the e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. The publication fee may be paid by Western Union remittance or by postal order to: Kornus Anatolii, Dept. of Geography, Romens'ka street, 87, Sumy, 40002, Ukraine, before the above date.
Issue Publication Date: May 2019. The editorial board reserves the right to reject materials that do not meet the requirements of the topic of the book or for the articles preparation.
Our journal abides by the Creative Commons copyright rights and permissions for open access journals. Authors, who are published in this journal, agree to the following conditions:
1. The authors reserve the right to authorship of the work under the terms of a Creative Commons Attribution License, which allows others to freely distribute the published research with the obligatory reference to the authors of the original work and the first publication of the work in this journal.
2. The authors have the right to conclude separate supplement agreements that relate to non-exclusive work distribution in the form in which it has been published by the journal (for example, to upload the work to the online storage of the journal or publish it as part of a monograph), provided that the reference to the first publication of the work in this journal is included.
The electronic version of the journal is free and will be available on the journal website and partner sites. Distribution of printed copies is carried out by delivery services "Ukrposhta" or "Nova Poshta" at the expense of authors. For any additional information, do not hesitate to contact us by e-mail: email@example.com. We look forward to receiving your contribution.
Thank you for your interest.
The Editorial Team.